Update released on January 11, 2018
- On the scenario page, selection of the base condition year and base condition projection method are two separate choices. This reduces the items in each drop down list to make the selections more clear. Historic Trend base condition remains available. The Current Zoning base condition will become available in the coming weeks. Other base conditions may become available in the future.
- The loads report is newly formatted to facilitate analysis. It now only has one header row.
- All reports have additional information included to more clearly identify the geography.
- Reports types are sorted alphabetically.
- Results are returned faster on the Compare Scenarios screen.
- The 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 Progress scenarios are being finalized. Different versions are released on a regular basis. Once the final version is approved inteh spring, earlier versions no longer will be available in the shared scenarios list.
- Application version is 4.10. Model version remains unchanged and is CAST-2017.
Update released on December 21, 2017
- The model version is now final. The Draft Final 12/7/2017 version of the model was approved by the Chesapeake Bay Program Partnership's Principals' Staff Committee and is now named CAST-2017.
- The next updates to the model methodology and assumptions are scheduled for 2019. The user interface may continue to be upgraded. New data, such as base conditions, may continue to be added.
Update released on December 12, 2017
- Local area planning targets link added to home page. The targets will be added when the final version of the draft targets are available.
- Functionality for sending email to all CAST users is added.
- Tuned several functions to make them faster.
- Minor bugs on the user interface were fixed.
- Bug with sharing scenarios that removed results is corrected.
- CAST user documentation updated.
- Corrected the unit on the Compare loads tab to pound per year.
- Removed septic from the Compare acres grid since septics are a direct load to the stream and do not have acres.
- Added data version and application version to the Source data download table.
- In reports grid, the name of the report pops up when you hover over it. This allows users to see the full name where the names are long and have no spaces.
Update released on December 7, 2017
Update released on November 28, 2017
- Updates change the loads in your scenarios, scenarios shared with you, and public scenarios. The shoreline load used for the E3 scenario was changed to have the shoreline BMP added to an additional 10% of the unimproved shoreline. The shoreline load for the no action, or no BMP, scenario is now equivalent to 2008. All other scenarios use the load from 2008 with shoreline BMPs reported after 2008. This decision was made at the Chesapeake Bay Program Partnership's 11/27/2017 Water Quality Goal Implementation Team meeting. All scenario loads are recalculated for you.
- Model version is updated to Draft Final 11/27/2017. Application version remains unchanged and is 4.8
Update released November 9, 2017
- Updates change the loads in your scenarios, scenarios shared with you, and public scenarios. Public scenarios and the shared scenarios owned by CBP Admin are recalculated for users. Users need to run their scenarios to see the new loads. Just click on the green run arrow next to all of your scenarios. Scenarios can run simultaneously. The changes that impact loads include:
- Model version updated to the Draft Final October 2017 version. This is consistent with the latest Phase 6 calibration that is being presented to the Principal Staff Committee in December.
- New load source amounts for years 2014 to 2025
- New septic system data
- Agricultural Irrigation Water Capture Reuse BMP-changed the reduction efficiency, per the direction of the Agricultural Workgroup
- Agricultural Stormwater BMP was added, per the direction of the Agricultural Workgroup
- Improved error handling so users now receive an email
- Sped up the select list for the geography selection
- Cost profiles are now available on the public (non-logged in) page
- Maps are now available to logged in users under results
- Federal facility information is added to the home page under progress reporting
- Application version 4.8
Update released October 16, 2017
- Added the ability to copy scenario metadata from an existing scenario when creating a new scenario
- Improved speed of adding BMPs
- Added detailed source data files for download
- Application version 4.7
Update released October 6, 2017
- Added Nutrients Applied report.
- Fixed ability to select geographic areas when using Microsoft Edge and IE browsers.
- Application version 4.6.1
Update released October 1, 2017
- Model version updated to the Draft Final September 25, 2017 version. This is consistent with the data presented at the September 2017 Water Quality Goal Implementation Team face-to-face meeting. Scenarios results will be different than before because of this change.
- Data version change from "Draft Final 7/14/2017" to "Draft Final 9/25/2017".
- The buffer BMPs were organized in groups so that there are primary BMPs of streamside and upland buffers.
- Application version 4.6.0
Update released September 18, 2017
- Nutrients applied was removed from the Base Conditions report. It will be added to a new report in the next release, planned for 10/2/2017.
- The buffer BMPs with exclusion fencing were updated to include units of length and width, in addition to area.
- Improved speed of updating BMPs in the table on the add BMP pages.
- Improved functionality of geographic selection box so it is faster and more reliable.
- Added BMP type as official or planning to source data spreadsheet.
- Page layout inconsistencies were corrected.
- Application version 4.5.0
Update released August 15, 2017
- Fixed bug where scenarios were not populating in a list for reports at the modeling segment scale.
- Application version 4.3.1
Update released August 11, 2017
- Minor bug fixes with the user interface were corrected. These included selecting units with some BMPs, correcting the BMP summary downloaded report, and enabling the cancel button on the contact us email.
- The documentation may now be downloaded.
- The amount has been added to the result pie charts in addition to percent.
- A filter for reports to show my scenarios, shared scenario and public scenarios is added.
- Registering as a new user and entering a password has been improved to eliminate copy/paste issues with the temporary password.
- Application version 4.3.0
Update released July 26, 2017
- Minor bug fixes with the user interface were corrected. These included selecting units with some BMPs, correcting the downloaded report for BMP files, and validating manure transport files that are uploaded to a new scenario.
- Application version 4.2.1
Update released July 21, 2017
- Added a new report type that allows BMPs to be downloaded in a format that can be uploaded to a scenario
- Added a home page notification banner to replace the need for sending users emails
- Adjusted the number of characters available for cost profile description, scenario description and notes
- Updated help for the new public reports maps page
- Corrected the spelling on the email sent for reset password confirmation
- Added filter for BMPs on the cost profiles grid
- Removed abbreviations from the nutrients applied report
- Sorted animal types in animal and manure BMP grids the same
- Application version 4.2.0
Update released July 14, 2017
- Updates change the loads in your scenarios, scenarios shared with you, and public scenarios. Public scenarios and the shared scenarios owned by CBP Admin will be recalculated for users. Users will need to run your scenarios to see the new loads. Just click on the green run arrow next to all of your scenarios. Scenarios can run simultaneously. The changes that impact loads include:
- Soil phosphorus — change how it is calculated in scenarios so it follows the logic used in the calibration
- Biosolids — correct the method used to split into nutrient species
- Cover management factor (C-Factor) — change method used in scenarios so the phosphorus and sediment loads vary with inputs.
- Septic — include the updated population on septic.
- Data version change from "Draft Final" to "Draft Final 7/14/2017".
- Application version 4.1.1
Update released July 11, 2017
- Corrections were made to the public reports. The BMP submitted vs. Credited report was not including data in all three BMP sheets (land, animal, manure). The Loads report now returns the aggregation type selected by the user.
- A system error was generated when deleting an edited scenario. This is now corrected so delete works properly.
- Application version 4.1.1
Update released July 3, 2017
- Public loads report is returning only BMP Summary report. Other report types made unavailable until corrections are made to the procedure to produce the report.
- Tool tips are added for Aggregations on the Reports page.
- Maps are added under Public Reports.
- Interface updated so that the Geographic Scale selection under reports does not freeze.
- Miscellaneous minor bugs on the interface were fixed.
- Application version 4.1.0
Update released June 22, 2017
- Registration email rewritten to be clearer.
- Unit corrected on downloaded Compare Scenarios table.
- Pie charts under graphs are now returning wastewater data.
- BMPs with multiple measures, like Manure Treatment Technologies, are now copying all measures. Previously only one measure was copied.
- Miscellaneous minor bugs on the interface were fixed.
- Application version 4.0.1
Update released June 15, 2017
This is the Draft Final version of Phase 6 CAST. Shared scenarios include:
- Phase 2 Watershed Implementation Plan (WIP) BMPs translated to the Phase 6 BMPs, load sources, and model segmentation
- Annual implementation scenarios for 1985 through 2013
- Draft Everything, Everywhere by Everyone (E3). It is draft because it has not been reviewed by the Chesapeake Bay Program Partnership and there is no manure transport BMP in the scenario.
- No Action, that is, no BMPs.
- Application version 4.0.0
Update released April 3, 2017
This is the beta version of Phase 6 CAST made available for reviewing CAST functionality. Data are hypothetical and scenarios are temporary. Once the Chesapeake Bay Program Partnership releases the Draft Final version scenario data, CAST will be available for data review at CAST.ChesapeakeBay.net. At that time, new logins will need to be created and scenarios will be saved. CAST will be the model used for management purposes for the Chesapeake Bay Program Partnership. CAST 2017 and the Scenario Builder + Watershed Model are now the same model.