Update released on July 31, 2018
- Report generation will be faster with this update.
- Application version is 5.3.1. Model version remains CAST-2017d.
Update released on July 24, 2018
- Updates to wastewater data in Maryland will change the loads in your scenario. You will need to rerun any scenarios that use the 2017 wastewater for Maryland. No other states or years are impacted. In addition to wastewater loads, the stream bed and bank load also will change. The stream bed and bank load source is determined using a ratio of the total edge-of-stream load from all other load sources except stream bed and bank.
- Application version remains 5.3.0. Model version remains CAST-2017d.
Update released on July 10, 2018
- Updates change the all scenarios in all years. This includes your own scenarios, scenarios shared with you, and public scenarios including the 2010 E3 and No Action. The update to the 2010 E3 and No action result in a change to the planning targets for the Phase III Watershed Implementation Plans. Public scenarios and the shared scenarios owned by CBP Admin are recalculated for you. You need to run your own scenarios to see the new loads. Just click on the green run arrow next to the scenarios. Scenarios can run simultaneously. The changes that impact loads include:
- Legume fixation was overestimated. Now less TN is fixed by legumes.
- The baseline BMPs are updated. This impacts the amount of backed out BMPs, which can be seen in the Credited versus Submitted BMP report. The 2012 amount is used to determine if more or less is implemented in years from 2012 forward. The immediately prior year is used for years prior to 2012. A change to the manure transported impacts the amount of plant-available phosphorus available.
- The baseline loads are updated. This change also required an update to the delivery factors to the edge-of-stream and edge-of-tide, and the sensitivity of input to runoff.
- The historic crop need met with manure, fertilizer and biosolids is updated. The crop need is calculated based on nutrients available, location of nutrients after BMPs, and uptake. Crop need is established for 2012 and then used to determine future years fertilizer application. The immediately prior year is used for years prior to 2012.
- The Everything by Everyone Everywhere (E3) scenario has changed.
- New stream restoration implementation levels
- New BMP implementation for federal facilities and adjustment to the implementation on non-federal that accounts for some implementation moving to federal
- Changes to location of BMPs in the Chesapeake Bay Watershed. Previously BMPs were applied to the entire county including the area outside the Watershed
- Removal of buffers on agricultural drainage ditches in Delaware and Maryland
- Stream loads may now be negative. This is consistent with all other scenarios where this can happen depending on the amount of stream restoration BMP. In this E3, stream loads are negative for TN in the District of Columbia for the National Park Service and in Maryland for the Department of Defense. Many more instances occur for TP and Sediment. The overall load is positive since the land load offsets this negative stream load.
- Correction to one wastewater treatment facility in Virginia for the 2017 year
- Virginia has new construction land use acres for 2025. This affects the other land use acres and the land policy BMP data
- The 2025 Phase II WIP scenario base condition changed from Historic Trends to Current Zoning to be consistent with the recommendation for building the Phase III WIP on the Current Zoning base condition.
- Application version is 5.3.0. Model version is now CAST-2017d.
Update released on June 12, 2018
- Updates change the loads in your scenarios, scenarios shared with you, and public scenarios for any scenario on years 2014 to 2025. The 2010 No Action and E3 are not changing since they are on 2010. Public scenarios and the shared scenarios owned by CBP Admin are recalculated for you. For your scenarios on a year between 2014 and 2025, you need to run your own scenarios to see the new loads. Just click on the green run arrow next to the scenarios. Scenarios can run simultaneously. The changes that impact loads include:
- Septic system for 2014 to 2025
- Harvested forest acres in Virginia for years 2014 to 2016
- Construction acres in Virginia for 2015
- Harvested forest and Construction acres in West Virginia for 2014 to 2016
- Harvested forest in the District of Columbia has been removed for 2014 to 2025
- Septic systems in the District of Columbia are held constant from 2013 to 2025
- The create a login and forgot password functionality has been redesigned so it is simpler.
- Compare maps has new functionality and now includes the annual progress scenarios, Phase 2 WIP, E3 and No Action scenarios.
- Summary BMPs report has two new worksheets that explain how BMPs are grouped and how the percent implementation is calculated.
- Added new Virginia geography types of Soil and Water Conservation Districts, Soil and Water Conservation District Areas, and Planning District Commissions.
- The BMP submitted vs. credited report has a change to the way that Amount Backed Out is reported. The column now shows only the amount backed out rather than the 2012 credited amount, which is used to calculate the amount backed out for years post-2012.
- Application version is 5.2.0. Model version is now CAST-2017c.
Update released on May 14, 2018
- There error with the loads report where aggregations were not correct was corrected.
- The sample BMP files for upload included extraneous text in the headers and this was removed.
- The link to the BayFAST button on the home page was removed since it is the prior version of the model and is inconsistent with the current CAST version.
- Compare Maps has new functionality and now includes all public scenarios. This includes all the final progress scenarios, Phase II WIP, E3, and No Action.
- Application version is 5.1.2. Model version remains unchanged and is CAST-2017b.
Update released on April 3, 2018
- System performance was tuned. CAST now runs faster. There is no impact to any calculations or data.
- Application version is 5.1.1. Model version remains unchanged and is CAST-2017b.
Update released on March 28, 2018
Update released on March 16, 2018
- Bug fixed with sharing scenarios. Scenarios are now shared only with the users selected from the list.
- Application version is 5.0.2. Model version remains unchanged and is CAST-2017.
Update released on March 13, 2018
- The Maryland Forest Conservation Act BMP is no longer available. This BMP is superseded by the high resolution land use that includes protected lands and forecasts that account for the impact of current policies. The BMP remains in previous scenarios. When editing a scenario, the Maryland Forest Conservation Act BMP will be invalid.
- Application version remains unchanged and is 5.0.1. Model version remains unchanged and is CAST-2017.
Update released on March 7, 2018
- Data in reports is now formatted as number, not text.
- Special characters are now allowed in scenario and report names.
- Load report is no longer duplicating wastewater data where more than one scenario is selected.
- Application version is 5.0.1. Model version remains unchanged and is CAST-2017.
Update released on February 27, 2018
- CAST reporting has been enhanced. Backend processing technology has been improved.
- Model version is included in all downloaded files.
- Report column headers were made consistent across report types.
- Application version is 5.0. Model version remains unchanged and is CAST-2017.
Update released on January 25, 2018
- Corrected the animal numbers and animal units displayed on the Edit Scenario, Animal BMP page. It now shows only the number of animals in the geography of the scenario.
- Repaired problems with sharing scenarios with groups.
- Repaired issues with uploading large land BMP files to scenarios.
- Mouse-over description of Base Condition added.
- BMP grids fixed so they will no longer freeze when there are a lot of BMPs. This includes changing the count of records shown at one time and adding ability to delete to 500 records. The total record count that remains to be deleted is shown.
- Other minor bug fixes to the CAST interface.
- Application version is 4.11. Model version remains unchanged and is CAST-2017.
Update released on January 11, 2018
- On the scenario page, selection of the base condition year and base condition projection method are two separate choices. This reduces the items in each drop down list to make the selections more clear. Historic Trend base condition remains available. The Current Zoning base condition will become available in the coming weeks. Other base conditions may become available in the future.
- The loads report is newly formatted to facilitate analysis. It now only has one header row.
- All reports have additional information included to more clearly identify the geography.
- Reports types are sorted alphabetically.
- Results are returned faster on the Compare Scenarios screen.
- The 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 Progress scenarios are being finalized. Different versions are released on a regular basis. Once the final version is approved inteh spring, earlier versions no longer will be available in the shared scenarios list.
- Application version is 4.10. Model version remains unchanged and is CAST-2017.
Update released on December 21, 2017
- The model version is now final. The Draft Final 12/7/2017 version of the model was approved by the Chesapeake Bay Program Partnership's Principals' Staff Committee and is now named CAST-2017.
- The next updates to the model methodology and assumptions are scheduled for 2019. The user interface may continue to be upgraded. New data, such as base conditions, may continue to be added.
Update released on December 12, 2017
- Local area planning targets link added to home page. The targets will be added when the final version of the draft targets are available.
- Functionality for sending email to all CAST users is added.
- Tuned several functions to make them faster.
- Minor bugs on the user interface were fixed.
- Bug with sharing scenarios that removed results is corrected.
- CAST user documentation updated.
- Corrected the unit on the Compare loads tab to pound per year.
- Removed septic from the Compare acres grid since septics are a direct load to the stream and do not have acres.
- Added data version and application version to the Source data download table.
- In reports grid, the name of the report pops up when you hover over it. This allows users to see the full name where the names are long and have no spaces.
Update released on December 7, 2017
Update released on November 28, 2017
- Updates change the loads in your scenarios, scenarios shared with you, and public scenarios. The shoreline load used for the E3 scenario was changed to have the shoreline BMP added to an additional 10% of the unimproved shoreline. The shoreline load for the no action, or no BMP, scenario is now equivalent to 2008. All other scenarios use the load from 2008 with shoreline BMPs reported after 2008. This decision was made at the Chesapeake Bay Program Partnership's 11/27/2017 Water Quality Goal Implementation Team meeting. All scenario loads are recalculated for you.
- Model version is updated to Draft Final 11/27/2017. Application version remains unchanged and is 4.8
Update released November 9, 2017
- Updates change the loads in your scenarios, scenarios shared with you, and public scenarios. Public scenarios and the shared scenarios owned by CBP Admin are recalculated for users. Users need to run their scenarios to see the new loads. Just click on the green run arrow next to all of your scenarios. Scenarios can run simultaneously. The changes that impact loads include:
- Model version updated to the Draft Final October 2017 version. This is consistent with the latest Phase 6 calibration that is being presented to the Principal Staff Committee in December.
- New load source amounts for years 2014 to 2025
- New septic system data
- Agricultural Irrigation Water Capture Reuse BMP-changed the reduction efficiency, per the direction of the Agricultural Workgroup
- Agricultural Stormwater BMP was added, per the direction of the Agricultural Workgroup
- Improved error handling so users now receive an email
- Sped up the select list for the geography selection
- Cost profiles are now available on the public (non-logged in) page
- Maps are now available to logged in users under results
- Federal facility information is added to the home page under progress reporting
- Application version 4.8
Update released October 16, 2017
- Added the ability to copy scenario metadata from an existing scenario when creating a new scenario
- Improved speed of adding BMPs
- Added detailed source data files for download
- Application version 4.7
Update released October 6, 2017
- Added Nutrients Applied report.
- Fixed ability to select geographic areas when using Microsoft Edge and IE browsers.
- Application version 4.6.1
Update released October 1, 2017
- Model version updated to the Draft Final September 25, 2017 version. This is consistent with the data presented at the September 2017 Water Quality Goal Implementation Team face-to-face meeting. Scenarios results will be different than before because of this change.
- Data version change from "Draft Final 7/14/2017" to "Draft Final 9/25/2017".
- The buffer BMPs were organized in groups so that there are primary BMPs of streamside and upland buffers.
- Application version 4.6.0
Update released September 18, 2017
- Nutrients applied was removed from the Base Conditions report. It will be added to a new report in the next release, planned for 10/2/2017.
- The buffer BMPs with exclusion fencing were updated to include units of length and width, in addition to area.
- Improved speed of updating BMPs in the table on the add BMP pages.
- Improved functionality of geographic selection box so it is faster and more reliable.
- Added BMP type as official or planning to source data spreadsheet.
- Page layout inconsistencies were corrected.
- Application version 4.5.0
Update released August 15, 2017
- Fixed bug where scenarios were not populating in a list for reports at the modeling segment scale.
- Application version 4.3.1
Update released August 11, 2017
- Minor bug fixes with the user interface were corrected. These included selecting units with some BMPs, correcting the BMP summary downloaded report, and enabling the cancel button on the contact us email.
- The documentation may now be downloaded.
- The amount has been added to the result pie charts in addition to percent.
- A filter for reports to show my scenarios, shared scenario and public scenarios is added.
- Registering as a new user and entering a password has been improved to eliminate copy/paste issues with the temporary password.
- Application version 4.3.0
Update released July 26, 2017
- Minor bug fixes with the user interface were corrected. These included selecting units with some BMPs, correcting the downloaded report for BMP files, and validating manure transport files that are uploaded to a new scenario.
- Application version 4.2.1
Update released July 21, 2017
- Added a new report type that allows BMPs to be downloaded in a format that can be uploaded to a scenario
- Added a home page notification banner to replace the need for sending users emails
- Adjusted the number of characters available for cost profile description, scenario description and notes
- Updated help for the new public reports maps page
- Corrected the spelling on the email sent for reset password confirmation
- Added filter for BMPs on the cost profiles grid
- Removed abbreviations from the nutrients applied report
- Sorted animal types in animal and manure BMP grids the same
- Application version 4.2.0
Update released July 14, 2017
- Updates change the loads in your scenarios, scenarios shared with you, and public scenarios. Public scenarios and the shared scenarios owned by CBP Admin will be recalculated for users. Users will need to run your scenarios to see the new loads. Just click on the green run arrow next to all of your scenarios. Scenarios can run simultaneously. The changes that impact loads include:
- Soil phosphorus — change how it is calculated in scenarios so it follows the logic used in the calibration
- Biosolids — correct the method used to split into nutrient species
- Cover management factor (C-Factor) — change method used in scenarios so the phosphorus and sediment loads vary with inputs.
- Septic — include the updated population on septic.
- Data version change from "Draft Final" to "Draft Final 7/14/2017".
- Application version 4.1.1
Update released July 11, 2017
- Corrections were made to the public reports. The BMP submitted vs. Credited report was not including data in all three BMP sheets (land, animal, manure). The Loads report now returns the aggregation type selected by the user.
- A system error was generated when deleting an edited scenario. This is now corrected so delete works properly.
- Application version 4.1.1
Update released July 3, 2017
- Public loads report is returning only BMP Summary report. Other report types made unavailable until corrections are made to the procedure to produce the report.
- Tool tips are added for Aggregations on the Reports page.
- Maps are added under Public Reports.
- Interface updated so that the Geographic Scale selection under reports does not freeze.
- Miscellaneous minor bugs on the interface were fixed.
- Application version 4.1.0
Update released June 22, 2017
- Registration email rewritten to be clearer.
- Unit corrected on downloaded Compare Scenarios table.
- Pie charts under graphs are now returning wastewater data.
- BMPs with multiple measures, like Manure Treatment Technologies, are now copying all measures. Previously only one measure was copied.
- Miscellaneous minor bugs on the interface were fixed.
- Application version 4.0.1
Update released June 15, 2017
This is the Draft Final version of Phase 6 CAST. Shared scenarios include:
- Phase 2 Watershed Implementation Plan (WIP) BMPs translated to the Phase 6 BMPs, load sources, and model segmentation
- Annual implementation scenarios for 1985 through 2013
- Draft Everything, Everywhere by Everyone (E3). It is draft because it has not been reviewed by the Chesapeake Bay Program Partnership and there is no manure transport BMP in the scenario.
- No Action, that is, no BMPs.
- Application version 4.0.0
Update released April 3, 2017
This is the beta version of Phase 6 CAST made available for reviewing CAST functionality. Data are hypothetical and scenarios are temporary. Once the Chesapeake Bay Program Partnership releases the Draft Final version scenario data, CAST will be available for data review at CAST.ChesapeakeBay.net. At that time, new logins will need to be created and scenarios will be saved. CAST will be the model used for management purposes for the Chesapeake Bay Program Partnership. CAST 2017 and the Scenario Builder + Watershed Model are now the same model.